The Resilient Leader
Grit, or resiliency, is a competency of emotional intelligence based upon one’s passion for a long-term goal that’s coupled with a powerful motivation to achieve that objective, despite setbacks, barriers or limited resources. It’s that ability to bounce back well when things don’t go the way we hope. It’s the courage and resolve to tackle what we set out to accomplish. And the truth is, some people have it — and some people don’t. Grit proves to be a valuable skill in the professional world as we navigate the challenges that come with running a business, meeting deadlines, and reaching quotas. And no one can disagree that grit is required to keep our personal relationships in good health. The good news is that grit can be learned and taught. Learn how to coach your clients to bounce back after failures and setbacks and help them learn to avoid the dangerous descent into fear, the inability to act, or even depression.
In this course, you will learn
- What grit is and how it is important
- The continuum of responses to setback and failure
- The most current techniques and research on how to embrace grit and instill it in others
- How we can help others experience individual growth and overcome post-traumatic stress disorder
- A 7-step process for maximizing resilience in your clients in the workplace and at home
The course meets online 6 times, once per week for one hour and you will earn 6 recertification credits from the ICF or HRCI upon completion. Cost is $795 and payment plans are available.